It’s a relatable sentiment: Bills, bills, and more bills. And the constant juggle of paying them on time may leave you feeling like a high-wire circus performer.
But what if we told you there was a way to make the hassle of paying bills on time disappear?
Meet NFCU Bill Pay—a digital payment tool that makes bill payment a breeze, helps you track and manage your finances like a pro, and gives you back precious time.
What exactly is Bill Pay? Join us as we discuss the details below.
What Is Bill Pay?
Bill Pay is an online service integrated into our NJFCU platforms. It’s a streamlined system that gives you the power to automate your finances and quickly pay all your bills from one centralized location—whether that’s via our Online Banking portal or through the NJFCU Mobile app.
With Bill Pay, there’s no longer the need to pay the cell phone bill, mortgage, and internet services on their respective websites. Instead, you can do it all from NJFCU’s digital payment portal. This means you no longer have to log into different platforms or frantically search for various paper statements to pay your bills on time each month.
These days, many merchants and service providers allow you to opt-in to e-billing, wherein a digital copy of your paper bill is sent directly to your Bill Pay account. With Bill Pay, whenever an e-bill arrives, you can receive an alert via:
- Text message
- Push notification on the NJFCU mobile app
Then, you have the freedom to decide how you want to settle the bill—whether that means paying the whole balance, the minimum due, or another set amount via our online banking portal or mobile app.
Benefits of Bill Pay
Why should you take advantage of Bill Pay? Popular customer benefits include:
- Automatic payments – Remember those pesky late fees when you forgot to pay a bill? What about all the time spent writing checks, logging into various accounts, or visiting various websites to pay each bill individually? With Bill Pay, that’s gone. You can sign up for automatic payments and ensure your bills are paid on time, every time. You can even schedule payments according to your preferred due dates. Put simply, it’s the set-and-forget payment solution.
- Set up reminders – When life gets busy, it’s easy to lose track of what has been paid in full, what’s been partially paid, and what debts remain outstanding. With Bill Pay, you can set reminders to help you stay on top of your finances without having to remember every little detail.
- Review your payments online – To take control of your finances, you need visibility over your spending. One of the biggest perks of Bill Pay is the ability to review all your transactions online. This makes budgeting a breeze! No more sifting through stacks of paper bills or trying to remember what you paid last month. Your payment history is always at your fingertips, just a click away.
- Pay from multiple checking accounts – Depending on how you manage your finances, you may prefer to pay for certain items using certain accounts. With Bill Pay, you can pay from multiple checking accounts without having to transfer funds between accounts.
- Make recurring payments – Do you have bills that don’t change on a month-to-month basis? If so, you can easily set up automated recurring payments and free yourself from the hassle of manually paying those bills each month.
- View electronic versions of your paper bills – Say goodbye to paper clutter and give your shredder a break. NJFCU Bill Pay lets you view electronic copies of your paper bills, making record-keeping simpler and more eco-friendly.
Getting Started with Bill Pay
Interested in experiencing the benefits of Bill Pay for yourself? Registering couldn’t be easier. Simply log into your NJFCU account, navigate to the Bill Pay section, and add your billers. All you need are your bills, their account numbers, and their mailing addresses. In just a few clicks, you’ll be ready to upgrade your bill payment routine and gain peace of mind over your finances.
If you prefer mobile banking, you can also enjoy 24/7 on-the-go access to Bill Pay through the NJFCU Mobile Banking App. Simply download it on the App Store or Google Play.
Not a member of NJFCU yet?
You can be. It only takes a few minutes to join the best credit union in NJ. Whether you’re looking for an auto loan, a mortgage, or you simply want to improve your financial management, we have the tools and expertise you need to revolutionize the way you save and spend.
To join our family, apply today!
Nerdwallet. Online Bill Pay: What It Is and Why to Use It. https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/banking/online-bill-pay-what-it-is-why-you-should-use-it