Member Service Representative (MSR)
PURPOSE: Serves as a liaison between the member and the Credit Union. Provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Open accounts for members, resolve issues, and professionally handle the member’s daily needs. Provide a variety of transactional services to members.
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union services or policies.
- May respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members; again providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints and /or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Open new accounts, and service existing accounts. Set-up new accounts files and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
- Assist members in opening new plastic card accounts. Process PIN requests.
- Handle requests from members for transfer of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances and any other requests received from members.
- Complete and satisfy all ongoing BSA compliance training and ensure regulations are implemented within job functions.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews and/or review of member’s account. Actively cross-sell credit union products and services.
- Process member mail transactions.
- Mail receipts and checks to members as indicated by policy and procedure.
- Provide information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with the credit union.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies. Assist members in balancing their accounts.
- Assist members with the proper completion of payroll deduction and direct deposit cards.
- Assist members in opening individual retirement accounts.
The above listing is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed.
Experience in a financial institution/credit union is a plus. Strong interpersonal skills as well as computer skills a must.
We offer a great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Rx, Vision, Life Insurance and Retirement Plan.
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR Department North Jersey FCU, 711 Union Blvd Totowa, NJ 07512 or email: email@example.com.