Develop, manage, and maintain reliable accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making and for fulfillment of financial reporting requirements. Reconcile GL and bank accounts. Manage the activities of the accounting department and staff. Ensure that reports, accounts, systems, policies and practices adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Manage accounting functions to include AP, AR, fixed assets, prepaids, budgets, cash flow, cost management, credit and collections, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, investments, payroll, and taxes.
- Implement policies and procedures for the accounting department and ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations, and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
- Reconcile revenue reports, special projects, payroll reports, and disbursements. Prepare daily balance sheet (loan and share) analysis. Prepare daily cash position analysis.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statements. Responsible for the quarterly Call Report (5300) and ALM (Asset Liability Management) Reports.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Coordinate audit requests and work as liaison with auditors during the audits. Proof the audit report to ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Complete and satisfy all ongoing BSA compliance training and ensure regulations are implemented within all department activities.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, evaluating the performance of the staff on a regular basis. Resolve employee questions or conflicts.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline credit union accounting procedures.
- Develop and maintain complex computer-based analyses and reports of credit union accounting records on a regular basis.
- Conduct special accounting studies, analyses, and special projects as requested by management.
The above listing is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 4 years Accounting experience and 2 years managerial experience
- Credit Union experience a plus
We offer a great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Rx, Vision, Life Insurance and Retirement Plan.
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR Department North Jersey FCU, 711 Union Blvd Totowa, NJ 07512 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.