North Jersey Federal Credit Union has 3 openings for part time Tellers in our Totowa and Paterson, New Jersey branches.
Job Summary: Perform limited transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with a high degree of accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records, providing basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures.
• Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
• Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, as well as other payments to loans, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
• Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and member balances.
• Promote, explain, and cross-sell other credit union products and services including but not limited to: consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, safe deposit boxes, debit cards, on-line banking, traveler’s checks, and money orders.
• Balance cash drawer at end of shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
• Count, check, and package coins and currency.
The above listing is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed.
Cash handling experience a plus. Strong interpersonal skills desired.
We offer a great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Rx, Life & LTD Insurance and Retirement Plan.
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR Department North Jersey FCU, 711 Union Blvd Totowa, NJ 07512 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org