Mortgage Development Representative
POSITION: Mortgage Development Representative
REPORTS TO: Lending & Collections Manager
PURPOSE: Originates and processes first and second consumer mortgages, mixed-use and small multi-family. Solicits new mortgage business, maintains good outside working relationships with other real estate professionals such as accountants, attorneys, realtors, etc and promotes the organization's products and services.
- Screens completed applicants according to policy and regulations; submits those applications qualified for further consideration to the underwriter for approval; and obtains additional information as required.
- Conducts the loan interview and secures the member information necessary to initiate a loan transaction. Provides loan information and service to members, realtors and others as needed.
- Receives and screens loan applications; requests applicant credit and mortgage status, banking and personal reference, notifies those applicants not qualified for further consideration.
- Responds to inquiries from prospective members regarding all types of mortgage and provides requested information regarding the organization’s lending policies and procedures.
- Requests a personal employment and credit check of the applicant; requests an appraisal on the property.
- Cross-sells loan products including preauthorized payment plan, hazard insurance, health, accident and life insurance.
- Maintains close relations with others in the banking community, home construction, and real estate to be knowledgeable about property values and to build network of professionals.
- Prepares records and reports as requested regarding loan origination and closing activities as needed.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
The above listing is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed.
REQUIREMENTS: Must have a minimum 2-3 years of mortgage experience.