North Jersey Federal Credit Union has an opening for a Head Teller in our Totowa, New Jersey headquarters.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the supervision of the teller area. May perform all teller functions on a limited basis. Solve escalated member problems and/or help with complex member questions or work-related matters. Guide and advise tellers in the efficient handling of member needs and accurate transactional processes.
• Supervise the activities of the teller operations area by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems. Explain policies and procedures to members as a communication tool.
• Ensure staff is trained and cross-trained in all phases of their particular jobs to ensure the delivery of quality service to members and to ensure accuracy in transactions.
• Evaluate the job performance of subordinates to ensure quality member service and accurate transactions.
• Develop, apply, and evaluate policies and procedures for the department.
• Manage and recommend the purchase of equipment and supplies.
• Maintain an adequate supply of traveler’s checks, money orders, and cashier checks.
• Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge of all State and Federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions performed in the cashier/teller area. Remain knowledgeable on all credit union policies and processes within the teller area.
• Complete and satisfy all ongoing BSA compliance training and ensure regulations are implemented within all department activities.
• Serve as vault teller for the credit union, which includes ordering the cash and currency from the Federal Reserve, verifying cash received, filing teller cash orders, maintaining full vault security, and balancing vault cash nightly.
• Approve member exceptions and authorize service fee refunds to members when deemed necessary.
• Oversee proper availability of daily cash, money orders, and traveler’s checks/\.
• Investigate teller losses and institute corrective flow of work and/or corrective disciplinary action where required.
• Analyze the work flow on an on-going basis to determine staff requirements. Oversee work schedules for full-time and part-time employees in the teller area to ensure proper service to members.
The above listing is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed
• 2 years Head Teller experience preferred or managerial experience with cashier/teller experience.
We offer a great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Rx, Life/LTD Insurance and Retirement Plan.
Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
HR Department North Jersey FCU, 711 Union Blvd Totowa, NJ 07512 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.