SUMMARY: Responsible for the control of late and/or delinquent loan accounts and pending late payment reminders. Make follow up telephone calls on delinquent loan accounts and maintain accurate records on delinquent loan accounts. Optimize collections on accounts while balancing the goodwill of members with the overall business interests of the credit union.
- Monitor payments for late and/or delinquent status. Follow up on delinquent, high balance and overdue credit balance accounts by phone and/or letter. Ensure professional interface with members.
- Contact high balance and/or delinquent members by telephone and mail to determine the reasons for balance or delinquency, and assist them in developing plans to bring accounts to a current status. Develop workout plans and collect on overdue accounts wherever possible.
- Notify co-signers regarding status of delinquent accounts.
- Update files and system accounts via the credit union’s delinquent loan recovery system.
- Secure credit bureau reports. Skip trace on loan accounts. Maintain accurate data for repossession log, bankruptcy files, charge-off list, etc.
- Research payroll deductions, stops, starts, and changes as they may reflect the status of a loan repayment.
- Assist members with delinquent real estate loans to resolve delinquency.
- Determine when to compromise and settle balances and when to initiate foreclosure or repossession proceedings.
- Determine when loan collateral should be repossessed, and serve as liaison with attorneys or agencies in handling repossession of collateral.
- File all claims, attend hearings, and coordinate with trustees for all bankruptcy filings.
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in loan applications and credit bureau reports.
The above listing is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as needed
2-3 years collection experience, preferably in the banking / credit union industry.
We offer a great benefit package including Medical, Dental, Rx, Vision, Life Insurance and Retirement Plan. Qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR Department North Jersey FCU, 711 Union Blvd Totowa, NJ 07512 or email: email@example.com